Early Bird (2 Days): $800 (Reg $1,000)
You may apply promo codes during registration
Certified Product Owner Course + Workshop
Our Certified Scrum Master Course + Agile Release Planning Workshop approach is unique. Unlike any others, we offer a 16-hour interactive CSM Course plus an 8-hour ARP Workshop.
Our course gives you an applied understanding of the Scrum process and will help you develop the tools, attitudes and skills required to apply Scrum on your projects and across your organization — and to start to become a great Product Owner (PO).
Our CSPO course is unique in two ways.
1. We adjust the level depending on the attendees. So, we may move it to more of an intermediate level.
Per Scrum Alliance, the CSPO is a beginner’s course. But we find often most of the attendees have some training on or experience with Scrum before they take the course. We still cover the basics some (we all need the basics), but we include higher level topics and ideas as well.
2. The instructor has an MBA. Meaning, a broader business understanding.
We understand broadly where you are coming from and the kinds of business concerns you must deal with much better than the average CST. And we have the experience, as a consultant and otherwise, with many industries. We think that enables us to address your needs better.
We cover the basics of Scrum as well as several advanced Scrum topics to give you the knowledge, interest and motivation you need to use these ideas more effectively. You will have enough knowledge and skill to get started with Scrum and be more successful.
Our unique workshop allows you to take real work and do Agile Release Planning with it. The workshop takes the real work of the identified “Product Owner” at each table, and then the team at that table does the Agile Release Planning for that work.
This is an excellent way to take the ideas of the CSPO Course and make them practical. You build the initial Product Backlog and get your team ready to start Scrum on Monday.
All the skills in Agile Release Planning (e.g., writing stories, BV points, ordering the Product Backlog deciding the Minimum Viable Product (MVP), etc.) are essential to a successful Product Owner.
The ARP Workshop is optional, but attendees recommend it so strongly that we consider it required. You can also come to an ARP Workshop on a separate day (if the day after the CSPO Course is inconvenient).
There are none! But we do expect you to read the 18-page Scrum Guide before the course. Our one suggestion, depending on your situation, might be to take our CSM Course before the CSPO course.
- We use Zoom and Zoom break-out rooms.
- There are hourly breaks.
- We use Mural.co for online simultaneous collaboration.
- We use several other techniques to keep it interesting and lively.
What You Get
Upon completion of the CSPO Course (and ARP Workshop), you receive many benefits.
The main benefit, of course, is the knowledge about Scrum and Agile, which prepares you to get the business benefits of Scrum and Agile for yourself, your Team, and your Customers. We expect these benefits to be very significant.
These likely could include, directly or indirectly, a better career.
Note: To become an official CSPO, don’t forget to agree to the Scrum Alliance license agreement.
Once you become a CSM, will receive:
- Recognition by Scrum Alliance as a CSPO (including a printable certificate)
- 24 SEUs and 24 PDUs (or 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs if you only take 16 hours)
- Renewal of any prior Scrum Alliance certifications
- A two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- A printable copy of the course materials
- One pack of Fibonacci estimating cards to use with your team
- A copy of our draft book, “A Scrum Introduction”
- A free copy of our book on Agile Release Planning
- A PDF copy of the drawings and notes we make in your class
Why Choose Us?
- A better trainer (co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland and 12+ years as a CST)
- A trainer who has more business/PO background (e.g., MBA)
- A more fun, entertaining and memorable course
- More success for you and your organization
- More real Scrum!
Meet Your Trainer
Joe Little has 15+ years of experience as an Agile coach and CST and will lead this course. He has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum), which will give you more “real Scrum” when taking this course.
Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 4 and related consulting experience. He also has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog.
Registration and Fees
- We may change pricing at any time.
- If you need us to hold a price for you for a couple of days (e.g., to get approval), please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- If you are a member of a local Agile group or PMI chapter or similar group, you can normally get a $80 reduction in these fees. Contact us for details.
- Alternately, there is a 10% discount for any group of three or more. Contact us.
- In addition, there is a 2.5% cash discount.
- These are the short explanations for these pricing rules. If you have questions, please contact us. These rules are not fully automated. We might contact you after you register to make an adjustment.
- Contact us at 800-209-1280 or email@example.com.
- Payment methods include USD check, money transfer, credit card, PayPal, over-the-phone (Credit Card), cash, etc. Normally, all payments should be received before the course starts.
- Invoices and receipts, etc, are possible of course. We probably can handle your firm’s normal method of payment.
- Contact us for further details and/or see here.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must only identify that person before the course starts.
Fees or extra costs are more likely if you need to cancel within 16 days of the course start. There is a fee to transfer to a different date. Click here for more information regarding changes and refunds.