Courtyard Marriott Toronto
475 Yonge Street
Canada M4Y 1X7
Early Bird (RWS): Approx CA $665 (Reg. CA $798)
Real-World Scrum Workshop (In-Person)
TORONTO, ON — In-Person
The workshop will run from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EDT (USA).
Our Real-World Scrum Workshop is standalone. Upon completion, you will receive a Certificate in Real-World Scrum from LeanAgileTraining.
The Real-World Scrum Workshop
Scrum is simple, yet very hard to master. Scrum is incomplete. Your situation is not perfect for Scrum. Agile-scrum must always be adapted to fit your situation.
For all these reasons (and more), you need this workshop
This workshop will be very adaptive to the needs of the people who attend.
We will address their real situations.
We do expect to normally deal with some typical situations or problems, such as:
- How to start a Team
- What do I do if… (and “if” is what is happening now for you)
- How to handle emergent requirements?
- Story points and business value points sound good, but how do I make them work with my team?
- How do I fix or address [this kind of] impediment
- How do we diagnose the biggest problem for this Team
- Given [x,y,z], how do I make Scrum work?
- How do we use Scrum on non-software work?
- And others (please inquire)
It will be interactive.
- Group Discussion
- Drawing pictures
- Root-cause analysis
- Proposing alternate solutions
- Making a business case; convincing others
- Break-out Groups
- Leader putting your specific problem in a broader context
- Agile, Scrum, other agile, other other (we will steal anything that could possibly work)
We want you to leave with the Top 10 Actions you want to take.
You will do break-out groups to solve your problem, and for you to help solve others’ problems.
You will get help and advice from the Leader, and also from others in the workshop. And, again, you must also try to help others.
What You Get
- Working with other people to address your real problems
- Seeing how Scrum and agile can be adaptive – not just in theory, but in practice
- Getting some line of sight how to move from Level 2 to Level 5 in Scrum (on a 1 to 10 scale)
- Attendees gain confidence that “I can really do this.”
- The workshop brings out each person’s real issues and concerns.
- The participants find that some concerns turn out to be insubstantial, they dissipate and then we address the other concerns.
- You are prepared to take action “on Monday.” For example, you now have an action list of things to work on
- You earn 8 SEUs toward Scrum Alliance requirements.
- You earn 8 PDUs toward your PMI requirements.
- You will receive a free copy of Joe’s slide deck on Improving Scrum.
Meet Your Leader
Joe Little has 18+ years of experience as an Agile coach and CST and will lead this course. He has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum) which will give you more “real Scrum” when taking this workshop.
Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience. He also has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He has often co-taught courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog.
Who Should Attend?
- Bring multiple people from your team
- Bring someone who will help you
- Bring someone whom you need to convince (probably)
- Managers, for example, should come
We will form break-out groups, typically of 4 people. These can be all people you know. Or just other attendees at the workshop.
None. Ok, some knowledge of Scrum. We prefer:
- You have taken a CSM, CSPO or Adv-CSM course. Or something similar.
- You have read most of Joe Little’s book on An Introduction to Scrum
Registration and Fees
- You may receive better pricing if you take the workshop in conjunction with a CSM, CSPO or A-CSM course.
- There is an 8% discount for members of a local Agile, PMI or similar group. Contact us for the code.
- In addition, there is a 3% discount off the net due if you pay with cash (e.g., at the beginning of the course). To secure this discount, you must pay a non-refundable $100 deposit in advance. Normally this is just a partial prepayment. Contact info@LeanAgileTraining.com for details.
- These are the short explanations for these pricing rules. If you have questions, please contact us. These rules are not fully automated. We might contact you after you register to make an adjustment.
- Payment methods include credit card, USD check, money transfer, PayPal, over-the-phone (CC), cash, etc. All payments should be received before the course starts.
- Invoices and receipts are possible.
- Contact us for further details or see here.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must identify that person before the course starts.
Fees or extra costs are more likely if you need to cancel within 16 days of the course start. Click here for more information regarding changes and refunds.