11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. EST
WEBINAR (free): Improving Scrum Clinic
We are holding another online webinar!
Topic: Improving Scrum Clinic
The particular topics this time: what comes up from attendees, and “getting started”, eg, how much up-front work before you start sprinting.
Recent topics (prior session):
* Prioritized project portfolio
* Less “interrupt” work – dealing with it
* Managing the chickens
* What we mean by scaling
* “Don’t do it” (re a lot of scaling)
* Some basic scaling patterns
You can propose topics and we will add specific topics later.
If you want to improve your Scrum Team or Scrum, please join us!
- You want or need help with Scrum
- You have taken a CSM or CSPO course
- You are a former student
Here’s the basic idea:
- You may have just started or have recently started a Team
- You need more help. The (CSM) course and reading is not answering key questions you have
- You want advice from a coach (from me and possibly another coach at this webinar)
- You want to help others do Scrum better
We will have an hour. So we will take a few specific situations (typically about 4), and try to help you as much as we can in the time box.
Again, coaches may attend and participate in the discussion.
Some sample topics, questions, concerns:
- How do I get the Team started?
- What is Sprint Zero? Do we need one? Or something like that?
- The Team is doing parts of Scrum, but not [X]. What should I do?
- This [X] is happening. Is that normal? Do I need to fix it?
- I can tell we’re having problems with [X]. But not sure how to fix it.
- Which is the biggest mistake we’re making now?
So, we recommend confining this webinar to a simple situation: one Team. If you want to discuss multiple teams together (scaling), tell us and we can have another session.
The webinar is a prequel to a one-day workshop we will be having soon.
If you do not know much at all about agile or scrum, better to come first to one of our webinars where we discuss Scrum Basics or the Scrum Guide.
If you have not taken a CSM nor CSPO course, and also no experience, probably we recommend you take a CSM or CSPO course. You can attend this webinar and ask questions.
We do think more experienced people will find this interesting and can contribute from their experience. I bet that if you are open-minded, you will get ideas for your more experienced Teams. We welcome coaches.
Joe Little is an Agile Trainer (CST) and coach. He has been delivering courses and webinars for years, and now delivers many courses and workshops online, including the CSM, CSPO, and A-CSM courses and the ARP workshops. Find more information here.
Please register (see button above).
Contact us if you have any questions.