Changes & Refunds
You may make some changes to your seat ‘reservation’. We have tried to make this as easy as possible. Bear in mind that changes incur some effort and risk for us, so we have to balance that.
A key idea here is that we are committed and equally you are committed. Your commitment affects all the participants in the course.
See the following rules.
If you cannot come to a course:
- If you cannot come to a course, you may substitute another person. And there is no change fee. We will ask for the new name and email address.
- If you cannot come to a course, you may change to a course on another date. But there may be a charge (see below).
- You might also receive a refund, as explained below.
- If you request the refund more than 16 days in advance, then you may receive a 100% refund (no fee or deduction).
- If you request the refund inside the 16 day period, then there is a 30% cancellation fee.
- If you paid via credit card (PayPal or Stripe), we can only refund you via PayPal or Stripe. The processors or credit card companies take roughly five business days to complete the credit back to your credit card. We cannot change that.
If you want to change to another date:
- We apologize that this is complex. But the reality is that we cannot insure you for all events. And if something happens to you, it also happens to the whole group of participants of that course or workshop. We are trying to be as fair as possible.
- You may change the date under the following conditions.
- If you change to another course more than 16 days in advance (ie, more than 16 days before the start of your current course), then there is no ‘change’ fee. But, if the new course is more expensive, then you must pay any additional price of the new course. For example, if you paid $1200 and the new course is now $1350, then you must pay that additional $150.
- If you change within the 16 day period but at least 3 full days before the course, then there is a $100 change fee. And you must also pay any course fee difference, if any (eg, that $150 mentioned in the example above). The change fee is $50 for an 8-hour workshop.
- If you change within 3 full days before the course or miss a day, then there is a $200 change fee. (This is for several reasons. Hotel costs is one of them.) And you must also pay any course fee difference, if any (eg, that $150 mentioned above). Note: If you miss a half-day of an online course, we will only charge $100.
- So, you are responsible for all the risks of your life. We know these things happen, so we will accommodate you as best we can. We are trying to mitigate the effects on us, but also importantly on the other course participants.
- However, we will not charge you for changes due to you contracting Covid. (For example, this is to encourage you to NOT attend an in-person course, so that others can stay well.) Otherwise, sickness is at your own risk.
- If you change a second time, then there is a $50 change fee even if you do it before the 16th day (in advance) or $200 again if you do it within the 16 day period. And you must also pay any course fee difference if any (eg, that $150 example). Again, for an 8 hour workshop, the change fee for a second time would be another $100.
We understand that your life is complicated; be aware that moving people around affects us and affects the other participants.
Effect of changes on 3+ person discount:
- If you originally got a 3+ group discount, that discount does not carry-forward automatically if you make a change.
- Remember that the 3+ discount is based on 3+ people in the SAME course.
- If the course you are changing to already has 2+ people in your group, then you might still get a 10% discount. If it does not, then you do not receive the 10% discount, and we likely will need to collect more money.
- Again, to change, you must pay the difference between what you originally paid (which was after a discount in this example) and what you owe for the new course (often with no discount).
- Another scenario. Consider that you were part of a 3+group that received a 10% discount, and one of your colleagues leaves (will not attend the course). Then the remaining group (in the old course) is now less than 3, and those one or two people lose the 10% discount. The missing amount must be “made up”. Normally we will charge the make-up amount directly to the 1 or 2 people remaining in the old course.
We reserve the right to change or clarify these rules at any time.