Changes & Refunds
You may make some changes to your seat ‘reservation’. We have tried to make this as easy as possible. Bear in mind that changes incur some effort and risk for us, so we have to balance that. See the following rules.
If you cannot come to a course:
- If you cannot come to a course, you may substitute another person. And there is no change fee. We will ask for the new name and email address.
- If you cannot come to a course, you may change to a course on another date. But there may be a charge (see below).
- You might also receive a refund, as explained below.
- If you request the refund more than 16 days in advance, then you will receive a 100% refund (no fee or deduction). We regret that if you paid via PayPal, there will be a ‘PayPal’ delay of a few business days in returning the funds to your credit card.
- If you request the refund inside the 16 day period, then there is a 30% cancellation fee. (This is due mainly to our costs, such as hotel conference room and food.)
- If you paid via PayPal, we can only refund you via PayPal.
If you want to change to another date:
- You may do so under the following conditions.
- If you change to another course more than 16 days in advance (ie, more than 16 days before the start of your current course), then there is no ‘change’ fee. But, you must then pay the current price of the new course. For example, if you paid $1200 and the new course is $1350, then you must pay that additional $150. Often there will be no difference in course fees.
- If you change within the 16 day period, then there is a $100 change fee. (This is for several reasons, but including our cost commitments to the hotels.) And you must also pay any course fee difference (eg, that $150 mentioned above).
- If you change a second time, then there is a $100 change fee if you do it before the 16th day (in advance) or $150 if you do it within the 16 day in advance period. And you must also pay any course fee difference (eg, that $150).
Effect of changes on 3+ person discount:
- If you originally got a 3+ group discount, that discount does not carry-forward automatically if you make a change.
- If the course you are changing to already has 2+ people in your group, then you might still get a 10% discount. If it does not, then you do not receive the 10% discount.
- Again, to change, you must pay the difference between what you originally paid (which was after a discount in this example) and what you owe for the new course (often with no discount).
- If you were part of a 3+group that received a 10% discount, and now the remaining group is less than 3, in some way you all must make up for the loss of the 10% discount for 3+ people. Unless other arrangements are made, that ‘loss’ will reduce your refund.
We reserve the right to change or clarify these rules at any time.