We invite you to Refresh your Scrum skills by taking a Certification course again, for a very low price (as explained below).
Here are some reasons:
- To join your co-workers as they learn the Scrum framework – and ensure you and your team are on the same page.
- To sharpen your skills after a few months or years in the trenches. Often we become convinced that ‘Scrum, but…’ is actually real Scrum. So, you can correct flaws that have crept into your game.
- To remember material you learned the first time around, but “have not recalled recently” in the process of day to day activities.
The cost is $100 per 8 hours at an Online course. If you took a two day (16 hour) course, you can refresh those two days for $200 (if online). Plus the ScrumAlliance fee of $50, if you want that completed. If you want to repeat the ARP Workshop, that will be $100.
Fees will be a bit higher for in-person courses.
Note: Online we are doing courses in Half-day increments. So, when we say “day” in the rules below, it means 8 hours of class. That is, two half-days makes a whole day.
- You must have taken the same course from the same instructor, for the days you wish to refresh.
- If you took the 3-day CSM + Workshop, then you can join the 3-days of the CSM and Workshop. If you took only the 2-day CSM, then these rates only apply for the 2 days (and not for the 3rd day). So…if you only took the 2-day CSM, you cannot (also) ‘refresh’ the ARP Workshop day.
- You must have taken a full course. Example: both days of a CSM course. Or the full Agile Release Planning workshop.
- We may limit the number of ‘refresher’ seats in a course. Please contact us for availability.
- No additional discounts can be applied to the Refresher rate.
- We reserve the right to change the fee and the rules at any time.
Referral Program (aka ‘Lunch is on Us’)
If you recommend someone who takes one of our courses and that person finishes the course, then ‘lunch is on us’. We will send you a $25 card. (Panera, Starbucks, Olive Garden, Barnes & Noble or similar.) As a token of our appreciation.
Make sure the attendee mentions your name when registering.
The person who mentions your name must actually attend, and pay a normal price (eg, Refresher attendees would not count.) We must have a simple (inexpensive) way to deliver the gift card (eg, US Mail). We reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
Take a look at the list of public courses, then please refer a friend or colleague! They will thank you.
1. Local group discount
We have a discount for a person who is a member of a local agile, SPIN group or PMI chapter. Local group is important.
Why? We want to encourage you to work with and learn from others locally. And we want to help these local groups.
For example: we offer for the CSM an $80 discount per person — if that attendee is a member of a local group, or if you become a member. Other amounts apply to other courses. Please inquire. Subject to change without notice.
Rules: The discount applies for being (or becoming) a local member of a related group (local agile, local SPIN or local PMI chapter). The discount may not apply to some courses. The rules can be changed at any time.
2. Group of 3+ (Alternate discount)
Alternately, we have a discount for any ‘group’ of 3 or more attendees (3+).
The group can be any group. Examples: three friends, three people from the same company, three people from the local Agile group.
- These two discounts (#1 & #2) cannot be combined. Meaning: You cannot combine the $100 local group discount with the 10% for a 3+ group discount.
- All the people must attend the same course.
- If one person later moves to another course, then the other two remaining people also lose the 3+ discount. Example: You receive the 10% discount (let’s say it comes to $100 off). You decide to move to a different course. To move to that new course, you must pay the difference between what you originally paid (after the discount) and the current price of the new course. That could mean some increase in net price must be paid.
- The discount can be applied after you initally sign up (“retroactively”) (but only before the course starts). Example: Two people can sign up at full price on Day X. If a third person signs up on X+5, THEN all 3 people get a 10% discount.
- If a person in your group transfers out of a course and the group in the course becomes less than 3, then the discount for all the people in your group is no longer applicable. For example, the remaining 2 people must ‘pay-up’ to the non-discounted fee.
- If a person (in a 3+ group) finds later that he/she cannot attend the course — but that person finds a substitute, then this discount remains applicable.
- We can change or clarify the rules at any time.
3. Paying Cash
We have a discount for paying in cash at the course: 2.9%. (Checks are not cash.)
This discount is off the amount due, which can be after other discounts. You first must also pay $100 in advance by credit card. (This protects us from room and food charges for missing people.) On the first day of class, the remaining payment must be made in cash (not a check, which takes more processing for us). Use of this discount method is limited per class. So, you must contact us to confirm availability.
Black Friday / Cyber-Monday Promotion
Rules are fairly simple:
- One email gives $100 off for one person for one course or workshop.
- Does not apply to renewal pricing for courses.
- A second person would require a different email (ie, the same email content sent to a different person).
- Expires: Dec 15, 2020 at noon EST. That is the course or workshop must be bought and paid for by that time.
- The $100 may not be used with other standard discounts.
- A person can use (or give) only one email in this promotion period (even though a person may receive more than one related email for this promotion period).
- The $100 can be used for any course or workshop starting no later than February 16, 2022.
We reserve the right to change the rules at any time.