Courtyard Charleston Historic District
125 Calhoun Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Register for the ARP or RWS workshops separately.
You may apply promo codes during registration.
Certified ScrumMaster Course (In-Person)
Charleston, SC — In-Person
This course will run from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EDT (USA), Tuesday and Wednesday. If you’re also taking the optional ARP workshop, this will run 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
Our Certified Scrum Master Course + Agile Release Planning Workshop approach is unique. Unlike any others, we offer a 16-hour interactive CSM Course plus an optional 8-hour ARP Workshop.
Our course gives you an applied understanding of the Scrum process and will help you develop the tools, attitudes and skills required to apply Scrum on your projects and across your organization.
We cover the basics of Scrum as well as several advanced Scrum topics to give you the knowledge, interest and motivation you need to use these ideas more effectively. You will have enough knowledge and skill to get started with Scrum and be more successful.
Our unique workshop allows you to take real work and do Agile Release Planning with it. The workshop takes the real work of the identified “Product Owner” at each table, and then the team at that table does the Agile Release Planning for that work.
This is an excellent way to take the ideas of the CSM Course and make them practical. You build the initial Product Backlog and get your team ready to start Scrum on Monday.
Note: While attendees consider the ARP workshop “essential”, in regards to certification it is optional.
What You Get
Upon completion of the CSM Course (and ARP Workshop), you receive many benefits.
The main benefit, of course, is the knowledge about Scrum and Agile, which prepares you to get the business benefits of Scrum and Agile for yourself, your Team, and your Customers. We expect these benefits to be very significant.
These likely could include, directly or indirectly, a better career. And there are other benefits.
Note: To become an official CSM, you must satisfactorily complete the course and the CSM Test. The CSM Test is later, online and is time boxed to 1 hour. You must also agree to the Scrum Alliance license agreement.
Once you become a CSM, will receive:
- Recognition by Scrum Alliance as a CSM (including a printable certificate)
- 24 SEUs and 24 PDUs (or 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs if you only take 16 hours)
- A two-year membership to Scrum Alliance
- A e-copy of the course materials
- One pack of Fibonacci estimating cards to use with your team
- A copy of our draft book, “A Scrum Introduction”
- A free copy of our book on Agile Release Planning
- A PDF copy of the drawings and notes we make in your class
Why Choose Us?
- A better trainer (co-trained 8 times with Jeff Sutherland and 12+ years as a CST)
- A more fun, entertaining and memorable course
- More success for you and your organization
- More real Scrum!
Meet Your Trainer
Joe Little has 15+ years of experience as an Agile coach and CST and will lead this course. He has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum), which will give you more “real Scrum” when taking this course.
Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience. He also has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile. He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog.
Registration and Fees
- The Registration Fee includes the cost of the CSM Test. (No extra fee later.)
- We may change pricing at any time.
- If you need us to hold a price for you for a couple of days (e.g., to get approval), please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- If you are a member of a local Agile group or PMI chapter or similar group, you can normally get an 8% reduction in these fees. Contact us for details.
- Alternately, there is a 10% discount for any group of three or more.
- In addition, there is a 3% cash discount.
- These are the short explanations for these pricing rules. If you have questions, please contact us. These rules are not fully automated. We might contact you after you register to make an adjustment.
- Contact us at 704-376-8881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment methods include USD check, money transfer, credit card, PayPal, over-the-phone (Credit Card), cash, etc. Normally, all payments should be received before the course starts.
- Invoices and receipts, etc, are possible of course. We probably can handle your firm’s normal method of payment.
- Contact us for further details and/or see here.
Policy for Changes and Refunds
If for any reason you cannot make a course, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must only identify that person before the course starts.
Fees or extra costs are more likely if you need to cancel within 16 days of the course start. Also there is a fee to transfer to a different date. Click here for more information regarding changes and refunds.