Agile Carolinas: Requirements with Agile – How to become better
Agile Carolinas meeting: May 17, 2022 – at 5:30 pm. IN-PERSON.
We may try to also broadcast via Zoom. ie, Hybrid. (We need someone to help with that.)
[Links to be added]
Unclear requirements are always a problem. Always hard in a way.
So, let’s discuss how we are doing “requirements” in an agile way. What is working or not working for you?
Here are some ideas. And we want everyone to share.
- can be done verbally
- can be done via pictures
- can be done as lists
- related to DOR
- PO has some responsibility
- Developers have responsibility (to insist they have enough)
- Jeff Sutherland suggests an enabling specification (see: [link to be added]
- do them as a flow. 8 stories are ready-ready just before the sprint starts
- some people use templates
- DOR might define types of info needed (sometimes). Devs must decide per story
- Lean UX can be part of it
- Business side engaged (part-time, a bunch of people)
- Etc, etc.
Please come and share your ideas and questions.
Immediate Goals: Developers have less uncertainty and higher motivation. Fewer examples of mis-communication as we do the demo in the Sprint Review.
Goal of session: You take away some ideas to experiment with to raise the productivity and effectiveness of your Team. Customers become happier.
See you there!