Public Impediments – Charleston Oct 2014
Until you are perfect, you have impediments to fix.
Here are the ones identified quickly in the course in Charleston.
From an Agile point of view, I am not sure I would agree all are impediments.
- Team member looking for other work
- Lone wolf attitude with some team members
- Changing technology
- Lack of specific skills
- Uncontrollable outsiders’ influence
- Team churn
- No success criteria
- Poor communication
- Different areas/teams not working together
- Unrealistic expectations
- Project uncertainty
- Lack of QA
- Lack of Development [people]
- Not enough teammates or do not have all skill sets needed
- No contact with end users
- Scope creep
- Scope changes
- Funding – money was cut
- Not understanding what the customer really wanted
- No direction or poor plan
- Unclear requirements
- Lack of formal or clear requirements
- Customer not trained properly in agile
- Intractable customer
Not sure I understand what each person meant by every one of these. But I feel strongly we start with a rough public list. And then we aggressively work on fixing the most important problem first.
Maybe this list helps your people identify a better list for your team.