Steve Denning has written a great agile book for managers, called The Leader’s Guide to Radical Management.
Here are the five principles:
- A shift in the goal of making money for shareholders to delighting customers through continuous innovation.
- A shift in the role of managers from controlling individuals to enabling self-organizing teams.
- A shift in the way work is coordinated from bureaucracy to dynamic linking.
- A shift in values from a preoccupation with efficiency to a broader set of values that will foster continuous innovation.
- A shift in communications from top-down commands to horizontal communications.
I recommend the book.