Webinar: Using the Impediment List
This is another in our $5 Webinar Series.
Topic: Using the Impediment List
We are excited about this webinar. We have been a strong advocate for the Impediment List pattern for years. We believe good usage of it can make a big difference.
Impediment List is a key pattern in Jeff Sutherland’s and James Coplien’s (et al) book – A Scrum Book.
Here are some key related issues:
- The Impediment List is part of a culture of continuous improvement
- Improving sounds to many people (some of the implementers commonly) like: “Oh, God, they want to us to work harder, more hours.” This attitude is not good.
- “Work smarter, not harder.”
- Have a vision. I will propose a vision that includes higher happiness and fewer hours (at least in the normal situations I see).
- What is an impediment? (Anything that could help the (whole) Team improve.)
- How to prioritize
- How to break them into small chunks
- When are impediments identified
- Should we track impediments that have been fixed or mitigated
- Getting practical
In this hour webinar, we hope to touch on all of these.
I think we will have a lively discussion.
Date: Friday, October 23rd, 2020 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm EDT. 1 hour.
If you have ideas about other webinar topics (anything related to lean-agile-scrum), please send them to me. firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!